Monday, June 7, 2010

Spike

Yesterday, Nate called me at work and said that Spike (his and Brooklyn's pet lizard-bearded dragon) didn't look good and he thought he was sick. Me, I think that thing is disgusting so I didn't have much sympathy. But, I told him if he was really that worried to take him to the vet. Today, he asked me to please keep checking on him. He called me very frequently throughout the day, when I went down to check on him he looked all shriveled and shrunk in, well I was not going to touch that thing... So I stuck a long stick in there to wiggle him a little to see if he was still alive and his little eye balls opened and I seen his back moving, I think it was like performing CPR... I checked on him lots through the day and then I decieded he would be fine, well I missed my first 2 hr check and when I went down 4 hours later, he had passed... Brooklyn called her daddy and let him know the news, they were both so upset. Tonight, we had a little funeral for him and buried him in the back yard. When Nate picked him up to put him in the box I noticed something in his mouth, I asked Nate what it was, he told me the day before he wasn't eating so he tried to force feed it, soem millworms...DISGUSTING...That thing sat in his mouth a whole day...Well Spike will be missed by daddy, brooklyn and the cousins, but by me... NOT SO MUCH...

No comments: