Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Freezing


Ok so we have been freezing the last month for no reason at all. We had gotten our Gas bill for December and it was outrageous, so I told everyone, put on extra blankets and dress warm. I decreased the amount of laundry I was doing, limited Nate's bath soaks in the tub, and left the heat below 65 I know BURRRR Right. Well, next month again our bill was high but not as high, but talking to some people I was thinking this is ridiculous. My dad started looking at the duct work and had seen a commercial that they could check how much heat is leaking into your basement by some laser thing??? Well I was willing to do anything cause my heat was kicking on every 5 minutes staying on for 2 minutes and turning off and my house was freezing. I called the guy that had left his card on my furnace he said he would charge me to look at it. If you know me I was not happy, I asked him if he did not guarantee his work, he said that this company had only finished the job and someone else started it, well, that didn't matter to me his name was on it and I was not happy how it looked with the gap in the furnace and that I had to change my filter 4 times already, my house was always dusty and freezing. He said to call the builder and they could get him out for a service call at no charge. Well I hung up and called them right away, they said they would send a guy out to take a look at it.
Twenty minutes later... The results are in...
My attic was not insulated? What? HOW? Doesn't this have to be done to pass inspection. Yep is should. O now a not so happy Amber is a REALLY PISSED OFF AMBER. Insulators where there within 40minutes and within 1 1/2 hours my house felt warmer than it had in 2 months.
BIG DUH! And still waiting to see how much my bills will go down now.

No comments: