Poor Brooklyn and I had the swine flu. On Friday night she seemed to be doing fine after school. We had dinner and then headed up to Nate's house, she fell asleep on the way there and when I went to get her out of the car she was really warm to me. Brooklyn is a sweater and ususally gets pretty warm when she sleeps so I didn't think much of it. A few minutes later though I noticed she was still burning up and her feet were freezing, I knew it I just knew my baby had gotten the swine flu.. I gave her some motrin, but not before she started complaining that everything on her body hurt and that she needed a bandaid for her forehead cause it had a head ache. All she wanted was for mommy to hold her, but it felt like her temperature kept rising, (Nate's thermometer was broken) so I decided to put her in the bathtub to see if I could help cool her down. Well mommy had to get in with her so we had a bubble bath and hung out in the tub for 30 minutes, she started to perk up a little so the motrin kicked in and the bath seemed to help. Little did I know it wouldn't last for long. Within another hour she was awake again and wanting a bath with mommy. We spent lots of time in the tub that night, especially cause after that she started throwing up. Poor thing felt so miserable. I couldn't wait for morning to get there and it seemed like the longest night of my life although I know there is nothing you can do for the swine flu I just wanted to confirm it. 9am couldn't get there soon enough so I could take her into the clinic. When we got there it was the coolest she had been since the night before and her temperature was 103. No wonder she didn't feel good. In the waiting room she started to throw up, she threw up all over me and all over her jammies. Good thing for daddy today, he went and got her some new Dora jammies and me a clean shirt. Brooklyn fell asleep again while we were there and slept better than she had all night. When we left we went to get her some Tamiflu and boy did she hate that stuff, she also had to wear this little bag on her Dorothy to catch any urine in case she went while she was sleeping cause they thought she might have a bladder infection, and she really hated that especially when I had to take it off, but good thing we did it cause sure enough she had one. The next couple of days will be rough giving her this medicine cause she hates it so so much. On Sunday at work I started to sneeze alot and then felt like my nose and eye was burning, I told Cindy and Ben I bet I have the flu, we tested me later that night and sure enough POSITIVE. I don't have time to be sick, luckily it didn't get me to bad, just a mild headache and fatigue. Two days later my dad came down with it but we got him started on some medicine so he seems to be feeling much better.
Catch up
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment